Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:41:59 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 GB?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 02:41:23PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> We have several new machines with 2 GB of RAM, all of which get random
> signals during compilations. If we reduce them to 1.5 GB they work fine.
> Is there anything we need to be tweaking to make 2 GB work?
>
> This is running 4.4-RELEASE.

Memory, if it's not a memory problem, then it's a memory problem !
If it was a memory hardware problem then it's not likely that all
the machines (which your mail implies are identical) would have it.
Mmm, maybe the m/board cannot hack it ?
Overheating ?
Find out what the Bios reports the temperature as.

Hard to see how it could be software.
Sorry, not a very useful answer.
--
Regards