Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 10:59:21 -0600
From:      "Kendall Gifford" <kendall@jedis.com>
To:        "'Paul Dlug'" <paul@nerdlabs.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <kendall@jedis.com>
Subject:   RE: fxp0: SCB timeout

I also have a Dell PowerEdge 1550 with 4.5-STABLE and had the same
SCB timeout problem with the fxp driver. I never found much definitive
info,
but I did hear one suggestion that this was somehow related to advanced
power management. I rebuilt a kernel without APM by removing the line:

device	apm0	at nexus?...

I have not had any problems with this since then, but I would only have
the problem in periodic storms anyway. Thus there is no way for me to
be sure if it is just coincidence that I haven't experience the problem
since then. I would appreciate it if anyone else could/would shed some
more light on this issue. It seems those of us with ServerWorks chipset
motherboards and versions of Intel Pro cards w/ the fxp driver have
this issue. Dmesg below:

pcib0: <ServerWorks host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet> port 0xecc0-0xecff mem
0xfe100000-0xfe1f
ffff,0xfe2ff000-0xfe2fffff irq 11 at device 1.0 on pci0