Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        xiyuan qian <xiyuan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS client process becomes D ???

> Hi, I have a box using nfs-client. That is mounting
> another server's export dir to this box. Everything
> works well except that when the box up for one or two
> days, the program using the mounted file usually
> becomes D in "ps -ax" processed showing. And I can not
> kill the process to re-run this program. Why? What's

You can't kill a process in the disk state.

> wrong with my NFS client or what's wrong with this
> program?

Did the NFS server go down?  Under certain circumstances(sp?), if the
NFS server goes down, the client will just keep trying.  Unless you
mounted the filesystem with the 'intr' option, I don't think you can
effectively stop it.

Hope this helps

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>