Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:00:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        peter@netplex.com.au, ragnar@sysabend.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, shigio@tamacom.com, wghicks@bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: GNU GLOBAL

> On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:
>
> :Will you be assigning the copyright to the FSF?  (ie: you'll never be able
> :to change your mind?  50 years is a long time...)
>
> 70 now I believe.  Changed to be compatible with the euros, who are all 70
> years apparently.

 If I understand things correctly, there will soon be legislation
introduced to increase that time.

 Apparently, some companies, particularly Disney - were the big
backers of the move to 70 years (to protect Mickey, et al) But,
I've been lead to believe that the music and film industry has
been pushing quite hard to increase that number...

	- Dave Rivers -