Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:59:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        bastill@adam.com.au, brett@lariat.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing from KDE

The owners of the machine installed FreeBSD 4.8, with KDE as supplied as a
FreeBSD package on the install disk.  This package installs the KDE utlities
package as a dependency.  However, the utilities package does not include the
"KJettool" utility, nor is that utility available as a separate port.

After I saw your message, I tried to install the utility separately, but could
not find the utility except as an RPM. If one goes to the KDE code repository
and looks in the CVS tree, one finds that the branch with BSD support is
empty. All that's there is a comment saying that BSD support didn't work and
was discontinued.

So, perhaps an earlier version of KDE for FreeBSD had the utility, but the
current one does not.

--Brett