Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:12:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do you have some neat configuration files?

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

=>> > Does it look like Windows95 as well?  I haven't played with it... I'd
=>> > be very interested if it did.
=>>
=>> Terry, I'm getting a bit worried about you.  Has this NT stuff been
=>> doing funny things to your brain?
=>
=>Heh.  What if I thought the target market not being tapped were people
=>who already had Windows do something to their brains?  The only way
=>to win these people over is fire with fire, IMO.

My only 'failure' so far in my distribution of fbsd cd-rom's
(thanks Jordan!!!) was a guy who wanted something more 'windoze'
oriented.  I don't know squat about X and setting it up, so I use
someone else to do that part.  I am looking forward to seeing
this part of the new book -- hey, I might even set up X on my own
server.

Having said that -- along with my tremendous distain for all
things windoze, I could see some real value in a chapter about
setting up the system, along with some of the other ports and
such, so it mimicks much of the windoze environment for the user.

So far, from my experience only, most people just want to *use*
the system.  The printing company I 'converted' from sco to fbsd
didn't really care about most of the things which I care about,
only that it worked and worked well.  I installed the system,
generated a bunch of scripts, and they are happy people.  (of
course, missing the yearly 'maintenenace fee' to sco also made
them happy, but that's another story)

Anyway, that's my $0.02...

Lee