Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:26:44 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Berislav Purgar <bpurgar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: avila boot2 problem ?

On Sat, 2013-09-28 at 20:05 +0200, Berislav Purgar wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Berislav Purgar <bpurgar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello .. i have tryed to build boot2 for avila GW2345 board but i got err
> > from LD
> > about missing __aeabi_llsl from boot2.o ?
> >
> > freebsd -HEAD ... i have build buildworld and buildenv .. make
> > ixp425/boot2 runs Ok but when trying to link these object i got these error
> > undefined __aeabi_llsl from boot2.o ..
> >

> > sorry for my english ..
> >
> > here is image for this error
> > http://s21.postimg.org/qtnaikjyv/WP_20130928_005_1.jpg
> >

> just tested on 9.0 and evrething is OK ..

On 9.x the default compiler is gcc using OABI.  On 10 the default
compiler is clang and the default ABI is EABI.  The ABI is what's
causing the problem in building boot2.  On 10 you could set
WITHOUT_ARM_EABI=yes in your make.conf to work around it for now.

The real fix is to figure out what we need to do to make eabi work in
standalone(ish) build environments like the bootloaders.

-- Ian