Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 00:52:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        jan@chrillesen.dk
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2944 and 3.2-stable

jan@chrillesen.dk wrote...
> Hi.
>
> 3.2-stable does not seem to recognize my Adaptec 2944uw. It seems the
> kernel finds the device (vendor 9004 = Adaptec) but does not recognize it
> as a SCSI adaptor.
>
> I've tried building a UP kernel and tried leaving out the various
> AHC-options, but without luck. Linux works fine on the same setup, so I
> don't believe it's a hardware problem.
>
> Hardware: HP Netserver LPr, 2 CPU's, build-in NCR 53c875 SCSI.
>
> I'm still rather new to FreeBSD so I might have overlooked something
> obviuosly.

You left out one critical detail -- what version of 3.2-stable are you
using?  Justin supposedly fixed this on May 26th in -current and -stable.

If you're using a version of -stable newer than that, there may still be a
problem in the driver.  Otherwise, you probably need to upgrade.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com