Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:04:29 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        Graham Bentley <gbentley@uk2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD community - best ever !

Graham Bentley wrote:

>Have to say this :-
>
>I have used alot of online resources and have had help
>in many forms from far and wide.
>
>Sometimes I have received ridicule and criticism and
>condescending remarks for my inquisitiveness and
>sometimes stupid questions.

I believe your inquisitivity is more of a reason for us to reply (at
least, for me). As long as you want to invest time in the OS, then I
personally want to help out the person more if I can.

>But as a new FreeBSD user I am amazed at the first
>off response and help I have had.
>
>Unbiased, polite, patient and informative.
>
>Hats off to FreeBSD supporters everywhere !
>
>Its a great community !!!

Thanks Graham,

I never really got into another mailing list then FreeBSD, but I know
these guys are great. I always get a reply very quickly if I have a
question. As long as you use the proper English and remain polite, then
you'll almost always get a reply on your question sooner or later.
Perhaps the list is a bit more "mature" then other lists. (13 -14 year
old kiddies that are rude, not willing to spend time into others (bad me
for saying that as an 18 year old kid))

Ehh, anyway, it's nice to hear a positive reaction for a change  :)

Cheers,

Jorn