Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2007 23:39:42 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
Cc:        Nikola Lecic <nlecic@eunet.yu>, "Russell E. Meek" <rmeek@russellmeek.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: mail server setup questions

The usual procedure if you want to make webmail secure is to field the
webmail server on a separate box.  (that is what we do)  Just about all
webmail interfaces I've tried use IMAP or POP3 to communicate with the
mailserver, in fact, very few can read the mailboxes directly.

There are other reasons you might want to run a webinterface on the
mailserver, however.

Ted