Date:      11 Oct 2001 00:47:47 -0000
From:      "Martin Gignac  FreeBSD " <freebsd@mia.ericsson.ca>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>, Vlado Korcek <vladokorcek@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BIND9

I think you might also want to change the following value in your
rc.conf to reflect the path of the 'named' instance that you want to
use (in this case the alternate version that you installed). This way
when your system reboots it won't go back to BIND 8.2.3.

named_program="<full path to alternate version of named>"

-Martin