Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:08:04 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <groggy@iname.com>
To:        Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD commercial pages

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Rick Siple wrote:

i may be wrong, but i think that he FreeBSD developers
(w/@freebsd.org in their name) are very busy trying
to craft and perfect the best OS in the world.  i
would guess that they do it out of a passion unrelated
to the commercial sector, otherwise they could make
more money doing other things with their time.

i would guess that they do their work as an artist
does his.  an true artist paints (or whatever) to express
his idea of perfection or reality, ie, he does not do it
to gain the praise of others.  however, i would guess,
that the Vendor page is done for the service of FreeBSD
users, not because of the importance of any "endorsement".

FreeBSD is developed and supported by the users of the
system, and that means there is a shared sense of
responsibility.  if you would like to see Firehunter
on the vendor page, why not call (or email) HP for
yourself and the benefit of other users (if it is a
great product) and help contribute to the development
of the best OS in the world? ;)