Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:23:09 -0500
From:      "Steve Winnacott" <swinnacott@datasyrge.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question

Hey people,

I'm having trouble limiting users to certain services on my LAN.

Here's what im trying to do.

Based on group membership, allow or deny certain users access to certain
outgoing services (www, telnet, ftp, ssh, ping, traceroute, etc). Again this
is not IP based, but based on group membership. Everyone can log into any PC
on the LAN. I've seen something like this done in Novell, where based on a
users group context, their access is limited to certain services.

Steve

--
Thanks,
Steve Winnacott