Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 09:54:24 +0100
From:      regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   DX 2/50 as i286...

More on this -- defining I386_CPU as well as I486_CPU doesn't help.
The kernel still panics on boot with a i286 probe !

Strangely, the I486_CPU only kernel of the machine I'm using now
works fine on the 2/50 (??).  The only differences I see in the kernels are:

7c8
< ident		WS		<<-- this one works.
---
> ident		DIALUP
24,25d24
< options		KTRACE
<
32,33d30
< controller	pci0
<
41,48d37
< controller	wdc1	at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
< disk		wd2	at wdc1 drive 0
< disk		wd3	at wdc1 drive 1
<
< options		ATAPI		#Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
< options		ATAPI_STATIC	#Don't do it as an LKM
< device		wcd0	#IDE CD-ROM
<
60,68d48
< #
< # Firewall
< #
< options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
< options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #print information about
<                                         # dropped packets
< options         "IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100" #limit verbosity
<
<
75d54
< device ep1 at isa? port 0x360 net irq 5 vector epintr
79,80c58
< pseudo-device	bpfilter	2
< pseudo-device	speaker
---
> pseudo-device	bpfilter	4
83c61,63
< pseudo-device	tun	1
---
> pseudo-device	ppp	8
> pseudo-device	ccd	3
> pseudo-device	tun	8

Otherwise, standard kernel with SYSV stuff, no strange options, took out
unused options.  The first machine has two net card (ep0 and ep1) --
that's it.

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld   /   Systems Administrator   /   regnauld@.prosa.dk ]-