Date:      08 Dec 2001 18:18:25 +1300
From:      Calvin Varney <calvin@labworks.co.nz>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DBMS and BSD

Melik Bessaha <seek3r@neurotic.dyndns.org> writes:

> So to put it simply: What dbms do you use and which drivers/jdks as well.

I've just installed an application on a FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE using
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and the jdbc driver included in the Postgres
distribution. Also running JOnAS 2.4 ejb server on jdk-1.3.1p5.

All installed effortlessly and I've yet to encounter any problems.

Although I've just started using Postgres on FreeBSD have used it for
over a year under cygwin on NT. Have found it performs well, is easy
to administer and definitely not short on features. Browsing news
groups it appears to be well proven under FreeBSD.

Calvin.