Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 01:12:06 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disabling INET6

If I disable 'options INET6' in my kernel, will that be a problem for
IPv6 aware applications like BIND9 and Mozilla? Will they need to be
recompiled?

(I'm having a little IPv6 problem with Mozilla on various FreeBSD
machines... try going to www.vanguard.com and see how long it takes to
resolve the address. I've checked my BIND logs and it seems to be
an IPv6/DNS/Mozilla issue. I don't have any problems with this with
Mozilla on my Debian Linux system, but I do have this issue on three
different BSD machines.)
--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com