Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:07:45 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
Subject:   Re: GNOME questions

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:11:52AM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 06:26, Gary Kline wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:00:02AM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 21:36, Gary Kline wrote:
> > > >

> > 	In what specific file?  Say that I want two xterms with
> > 	a -14-- point type, one anchored at +0-0 and the other
> > 	anchored at +0+0.  Also, let's say that I want one to
> > 	be initialized with '-iconic' and the other to be displayed.
> > 	Where is the session startup control?  (i have looked for
> > 	docs on by-hand configuration; haven't found it.)
>

> The system I am working on at home is back on good old Gnome 1.4, but
> man gnome-terminal says:
>
> The GNOME terminal allows you to have different configuration profiles
> to suit different uses (different background colours, presence,
> absence or position of scrollbars, and so on).  To set these up, you
> invoke the preferences dialogue box from the settings menu of
> gnome-terminal. Select the options you prefer (these changes will be
> made to your currently-open terminal, so you can see what they look
> like), and before closing the preferences box, make sure you have
> put a new name in the space marked "Terminal Class".
>
> To activate a specific class at program startup you can use the
> --tclass command line option

	So far I get a message that terminal setups cannot be
	saved; that I will have to restart the terms the next
	time I start up the manager.  I was able to use one of'
	those boxes to set up 'rclock' on the first workspace.

	I'll check the gnome-term menus.  Thanks for your help.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix