Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:30:35 -0400
From:      "Potts, Ross" <rpotts@harris.com>
To:        "''Cribbins, Jason ' '" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
Cc:        "''questions@freebsd.org ' '" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Unable to boot 4.1.1

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp0000-0500/0000.txt

This is the first listing of the softpaqs.  There are
numerous directories based on the range of softpaq numbers
if you go back one directory.  You just have to weed
thru them.  That's where the assembly date comes in handy.
Anything up to 2-3 years after the manufacture date is
desirable.  Just scan the .txt listing for F10 or restore.
That's all you need.  For instance, I quickly found a
softpaq (sp4100, I think) for deskpros that was dated in
1997.  It integrated F10 and dianostics into one file.

Try sp1456.  it's a diagnotsics from 1996.

Directly from the 1001-1500 directory:
SP1454.EXE	ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp1001-1500/sp1454.exe	844K
18 December 95
TITLE: Fix Partition Utility to Restore Primary Partition;

Oops, it appears prosignia was a model:
SP1436.EXE

This one looks promising:
SP1368.EXE	ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp1001-1500/sp1368.exe	2157K
14 September 95
TITLE: Compaq System Configuration Utility Version 2.28  Rev. B     01-Sept-95

Anyway, you get the idea.  It just takes some searching.  I'm tired and so I'll
sign off for tonight.