Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:08:15 -0600
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@vfemail.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: It's time to shut down this list.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:34:54 -0600
Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org> insisted:

> Ok, I have a solution to the problems at hand. Delete this list and
> "charter" then start a new list named freebsd-newbies and make up a new
> "charter" with the inclusion of basic newbie help questions. I see this
> as the only real solution to this problem as every one here seems to get
>
> all bent out of shape when you don't follow a charter, rule, or some
> other obscure thing so lets just skirt around the issue and use this
> loop hole so we can have are calk and eat it to.

I kind of like that idea. While I am not a total newbie, been using
FreeBSD since getting 4.3 in Annelise Anderson's book. Have used two
different versions of X and a whole slew of window managers, but there are
a lot of stuff I still don't know. Don't get the questions list because
it's a total flood that I don't want to deal with it. And if anyone has
ever tried some of the FreeBSD IRC channels you know they can be less than
sociable. Also have been totally ignored more than once on the questions
list so not real fond of that either.

So I have been thinking that I was going to be left totally on my own once
this list shuts down. I have managed to get by for the most part cuz I'm
not afraid to read but sometimes I don't have a clue where to even start.
So something like this could be a workable alternative. I would support
this idea.

--
 Lute

It's OK to be different