Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 1996 13:33:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Fortune <fortunec@evansville.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User ppp problems

I am having trouble with User ppp. I have followed the handbook pages to
set it up, but when I start ppp, and dial my isp the ppp word never goes
to PPP.  The dial says it is ok and the login says it is okay.  When I do
a show log, it says PPP started, then connected, then lcp change status
Initial --> closed, then lcp change status closed --> stopped.  I have
also tried to do this manually with term.  Where I can get to their host,
but I cannot use any other apps (ping, telnet, ...)  My provider uses
dynamic ip assignments.  Also after about five minutes with the machine
up I get a console message that says routed[48]: deleting route to
interface tun0(timed out).  Any help with configuration examples, or
other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

						Chris Fortune