Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:07:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with NIS

Hi,

Ive installed NIS on a group of 3 machines, but I'm having a problem that
when a nis password is changed the machine still things the old password
is being used until I kill -HUP ypserv. The strange thing is nis knows
it's changed because if I try to change it again I need to supply the new
password, but the system thinks it's still at the old one (When I telnet I
have to use the old password till the kill -HUP is done).

Any ideas?

Please could people reply by email direct to me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Trefor S.