Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:22:59 +0200
From:      "Jan Catrysse" <j.catrysse@proximedia.be>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS slow

Hello all,

I am having some problems with NFS and slow performance.

This is the scenario:

2x FreeBSD 7.1. (Raid storage server, MP, the works)

GB Lan interface between them.

When I transfer 1 big file the speed is never higher than 10MB/s with a peak
to 14MB/s.

When I transfer multiple files at the same time speed is about 10MB/s per
thread.

Disk speed > 100MB/s

Network speed using samba > 60MB/s (limited by clients disk speed)

Tried enabling NFSlockd, NFSstatd but that changes nothing.

Any help or hunch would be greatly appreciated.

Jan