Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:55:20 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
To:        Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.1 & Compaq Smart Array

RAIDFrame is software raid so it doesn't matter here. You should check =20=

wether your Smart Array is properly supported, first, a good place to =20=

start: http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/.

Then maybe try to disable APIC at boot (??), as this is known to cause =20=

problems. But first, go to the BIOS on the server and make sure it is =20=

preset either for Linux OS or for "Other". Then maybe make sure your =20
raid volume(s) is configured with Compaq tools before attempting to =20
install FreeBSD.

hope this helps

Raphael

Le Jeudi, 7 ao=FB 2003, =E0 20:16 Europe/Zurich, Warner Joseph a =E9crit =
: