Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:48:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Kacsmark <fordp@guide.chi.il.us>
To:        Matt Chambers <matt@silk.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd and ata-66

I have the same setup, With 3.2 you can expect for the Ultra-ATA66
controller NOT to work for you. there is support for it in 4.0-CURRENT,
but as your drive should be compatible witht he Ultra ATA33 controller
also on the BP6 your best off using th3 ATA33 controller until such time
as we see a 4.0-RELEASE.

I have used the ATA66 controller unde certain other operating systems, and
the performace difference is minimal.

-Steve