Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:48:06 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-usb@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Huawei E169 USB 3G Modem not detected as modem in 7.2

On Sunday 23 August 2009 14:05:51 Gianni wrote:
> I've seen a few posts related to the Huawei E169 3G modem which have
> reported this device as working under 7.2. I have the u3g driver
> loaded but the modem is only recognised as umass, I tried disabling
> umass and the device came up as ugen.
> My 7.2-STABLE is newly built today, log messages below, should this
> modem work out of the box or is there some extra configuration needed?
> Any suggestion much appreciated.
> -Gianni

Hi,
I tried it today - freshly cvsup'ped sources, rebuilt world and kernel.
Everything works. All what was necessary in my case was just kldload u3g and
ppp -ddial e220 (which is somewhat anachronism, but my first 3g modem tested
was E220, and the label was not changed). As there is problem with umass
(sometimes, maybe it is already fixed somehow) I do not have umass built in,
I am kldload'ing umass when necessary. Nothing else special here.
Regards,
Milan