Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 17:23:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PennMUSH 1.6.8p0

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Jeremy Sigmon wrote:

> Anyone compile this for FreeBSD yet?
>
> To get it to compile I had to change one of the header files in
> /usr/include/sys/
> I added #include<sys/types.h> to the file select.h
>
> It seems to me that editing these could be a Bad Thing(tm), but it compiled.
>
> Running is another matter entirely.  I am hopiing for a response from the
> PennMUSH mailing list, but maybe someone here is using this?
> thanks

After 7 compiles with various things fooled with I got a working PennMUSH.
I am sending this so it gets into the archives incase someone wants to
compile this in the future:

My Solution:
  #1  patch /usr/include/src/select.h
          add #include<sys/types.h>
  #2  use smalloc for the memory allocation in the src/Makefile
  #3  turn off DB compression.  remember to remove all .Zs from
      your .cnf and .restart files in your game directory. And
      don't forget to decompress your DBS in data/
  #4 in your game directory (the one with your .cnf and .restart files)
     type the following to create this file if it doesn't exist.
     'touch access.cnf'

Thats it... Maybe this should be a port????

Jeremy Sigmon B.S. ChE                      |
Web Developer of the Robert C. Byrd Health  |            Use
Sciences Center of West Virginia University |          FreeBSD
           WWW.HSC.WVU.EDU                  |            Now
Graduate Student in Computer Science        |
Office : 293-1060                           |