Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:18:04 GMT
From:      "Adrian Urquhart" <adrian@devnet-uk.net>
To:        Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testing

I realise I've made an error, and have separately apologised for it, as
part of a "proper" posting. You yourself have compounded the problem by
sending two postings to complain, and of course this message is yet
another. And so on it goes...

I would have used freebsd-test, had I been aware of its existence (sorry,
didn't think of looking) but the main reason for my post was that
freebsd.org was not accepting mail from me due to the DNS problem - and it
was someone on this list who pointed me in the right direction in the first
place (Greg Lehey).

I will now go and throw myself off of a very tall building...

Ryan Thompson writes:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Adrian Urquhart wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Just ignore this
>
> That's a little hard, considering my mail server (and thousands more) have
> already received your message.
>
> > - testing that I can send mail to the list.
>
> It works!!
>

> > DNS has been
> > broken :o(
>
> Forgive me, but what does that have to do with this mailing list?  Do you
> have a question regarding your DNS that you need our help with?
>

> > Adrian Urquhart
> > Technical Director
> > devnet (uk) ltd
> >

> If I had 2 bits for every time somebody posted a "test" message to a
> public FreeBSD mailing list, I'd STILL be losing bandwidth! :-)
>
> Please, refrain from posting "test" messages to freebsd-questions.
> Instead, try freebsd-test.
>
> --
>   Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
>   50% Owner, Technical and Accounts
>   Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161
>
>   SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
>   #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2

Adrian Urquhart
Technical Director
devnet (uk) ltd