Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 14:25:07 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, sobomax@altavista.net
Subject:   Re: Plip almost unusable :(

>Is anybody have experience with plip usage on -current? For me it seems
>broken - generally it works, but when I trying to make more or less
>massive transfer (1-2 MB is sufficient for most cases) any of two system
>
>dying in panic. Also "ping -f -s 8000 <remote-addr>"š kills remote or
>local host in several seconds :(

This is normal if you don't use the current workaround of configuring ppp.
New-bus broke the previous workarounds of configuring slip or putting
ppbus in device class "net".  I haven't checked that configuring ppp
actually helps for plip.  The workaround provided by configuring slip
was slightly stronger.

Bruce