Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 01:14:35 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   help w/install FBSD4.0

My 1st install of a non-MS OS ( 1st UNIX install ) I want to make sure I get
things optimized.

storage: I'm keeping  ata0, ata1, fde0 ( I think my cd-r is a master on ata1
             and my HD is master on ata0 )

network: deleted all devices  ( I have a realtek ethernet card not cited in
this list )

communications:  I see:  ppc0 - parallel port chip set,
                                     sio0 and sio1  -  serial ports
      ( I have an outboard modem on com2 )
       What should I do? should i delete sio0? I assume I need the services
of ppc0 (?)

input: i see:  keyboard atkbd0,  ps/2 mouse ( i have this type of mouse),
                 syscons  console drive sc0 ( keep them all, yes?)

multimedia:  there's nothing listed here.
miscellaneous: pc card control   pcico ( assume i keep this (?))
math co-processor npx0

I see no irq conflicts from from visually inspecting the screen.
what do you think? is there anything i should on this screen before i move
on?
THANKS