Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 1996 21:20:28 -0500
From:      Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   11-5-96 Current Tbls in X11

After supping out at 9-10AM today 11-5-96 and doing a make cleandir
and make world from the tree top as well as maing the kernel
my system became unstable (never unstable b4 today) when using X.

Symptoms:

PS2 mouse erratic, loose keyboard input to xterms, windows freeze up.
A restart of X fixes it for a while, then boom.

I just rebuilt a 10-22-96 kernel from source I had on tape.
Works just fine, no bugs as in 11-5-96 above.

Added Justin Gibbs AIC changes back in while testing with him.
Still works fine. Something else added since 10-22-26-96 and today was
the
culprit I think. Got any ideas, I can always re-cvsup from 10-22-96, but
this time I think I may see the same. It is definitely in the sys tree.

Config:

P6 200 e/w 64MB, Adaptech 2940 UW, Wide SCSI, SCSI-2 CD/TAPE. ATI Mach64
PCI.
-Ron
Ron Bolin rlb@mindspring.com, http://www.mindspring.com/~rlb/
GSU: gs01rlb@panther.gsu.edu matrlbx@indigo4.cs.gsu.edu  Home: