Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:51:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba FS

[Removed from -hackers]

This message should have gone to -questions, and should definately not
have been crossposted between -hackers and -net.  I've sent this to
-net.

> While searching the mailinglist archives I found nothing that indicates
> that there is development / porting of SambaFS on FreeBSD.
> I really would like to know if someone is porting SambaFS on FreeBSD,
> seeing I'm currently the only one running FreeBSD in a WinNT notwork,
> and being able to print (tcp/ip printing) but not accessing my
> 'home-directory' on the NT server.
> Does anyone perhaps knows how to mount a NT directory if SambaFS will
> not be implemented in the near future ?

Export your directories and printers using Samba.  Mount directories
using Rumba.  They're both in the ports.  Samba is top notch, and
Rumba is OK, although naturally it combines all the disadvantages of
SMB with all the disadvantages of NFS.

Best,
joelh

--