Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:10:49 -0500
From:      Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony PRD650-WM and 2.2.5-STABLE?

> Perhaps it has a soft-settable CIS, and has to be initialised first?

I'm not too sure about that.  The aic0 shows up OK, it's getting the
CDROM on the bus to respond.  Right now the behavior appears to be
that as long as I keep power to the CDROM (it can stand at least 5 minutes
but not more than 2 hours) I can pwoer cycle the laptop (and thus 1460A),
etc once I've fired up the CDROM under WIn95.  If I leave the CDROM unplug
from the power supply for something less than 2 hours, it doesn't show up
the next time I plug the 1460A in.  Note that I don't have the LIP-12 battery,
just AC power.

Anyways, I installed 2.2-971122-SNAP by booting up on the PAO boot floppy
and changing options.  I've got it using the ISC DHCP client setting my
ed0 and am a happy camper again (modulo the having to boot Win95 occasionally
weirdness).

Thanks for all the help,
K^2
--