Date:      14 Jul 2002 11:30:42 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Fwd: RE: Cannot start bind in sandbox?]

--=-FuEc6uvA0UDv03wbfT7k

--=-RtjFpjL4znQ98S2lyVwm

--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-RtjFpjL4znQ98S2lyVwm

Subject: RE: Cannot start bind in samdbox?
From: Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To: Lars Wittebrood <lars@socruel.nu>
Date: 14 Jul 2002 11:27:25 +0100

--=-ugbExy0xmnGzjuVw5EWE

Hi Lars,
   Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm just following the handbook here., and as such, I have moved
named.conf and the zone files I created into /etc/namedb/s (now renamed
to /etc/namedb/sandbox to 'make sure I'm following *exactly*'.

(sigh!) There's no mention of moving "the named binary" into the sandbox
dir in *any* of the books I've got in front of me.

How do I do that?????
Thanks again
Stacey

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 11:11, Lars Wittebrood wrote:
> Stacey,
>=20
> Do you have the directory structure right in your sandbox? I have bind
> chrooted in /chroot/bind and my command to start it there is :
>=20
> /chroot/bind/named -u bind -g bind -t /chroot/bind -d 1
>=20
> You have "-t /etc/namedb/s/" so you have to have the named binary and
> /etc/namedb/named.conf within the /etc/namedb/s directory structure.
>=20
> See http://www.psionic.com/papers/bindbsd.html for a HOW-TO.
>=20
>=20
> Lars.
>=20

- --=3D20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-ugbExy0xmnGzjuVw5EWE--

--=-RtjFpjL4znQ98S2lyVwm--

--=-FuEc6uvA0UDv03wbfT7k

- --=-RtjFpjL4znQ98S2lyVwm

- --=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

- --=-RtjFpjL4znQ98S2lyVwm

I'm just following the handbook here., and as such, I have moved
named.conf and the zone files I created into /etc/namedb/s (now renamed
to /etc/namedb/sandbox to 'make sure I'm following *exactly*'.

(sigh!) There's no mention of moving "the named binary" into the sandbox
dir in *any* of the books I've got in front of me.

How do I do that?????
Thanks again
Stacey

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 11:11, Lars Wittebrood wrote:
> Stacey,
>=20
> Do you have the directory structure right in your sandbox? I have bind
> chrooted in /chroot/bind and my command to start it there is :
>=20
> /chroot/bind/named -u bind -g bind -t /chroot/bind -d 1
>=20
> You have "-t /etc/namedb/s/" so you have to have the named binary and
> /etc/namedb/named.conf within the /etc/namedb/s directory structure.
>=20
> See http://www.psionic.com/papers/bindbsd.html for a HOW-TO.
>=20
>=20