Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:47:55 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: frontend for openssl?

--nextPart1432229.ltGNcXB3Yk

On Thursday 21 July 2005 04:19, Mipam wrote:

> Does there exist a frontend for openssl that can create and sign
> certificates bit one that also can create and sign pkcs7 certs?
> Maybe something exists to help you create your own certificate authority?

Got the system sources?  If so, look at /usr/src/crypto/openssl/apps/CA.pl=
=20
which sounds like exactly what you want:

  1.  ./CA.pl -newca    # Makes a new CA
  2.  ./CA.pl -newreq   # Generate a certificate signing request
  3.  ./CA.pl -sign     # Sign the request created in step 2

I copied it to /usr/local/bin and edited the "$CATOP" variable to point=20
to /usr/local/etc/mypersonalCA, then edited /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf to refer=20
to the same directory.  That way, I don't have to deal with it wanting to=20
use the relative directory "./demoCA" during its operations.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser