Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:11:33 +0000
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7/CURRENT and AutoFS or AMD (automounter) with OpenLDAP

Hello out there,
I run into trouble.

When looking for AutoFS in the net I find a lot about AutoFS on Linux
and, surprisingly, for FreeBSD 6.X, but those messages are dated to the
year 2004/2006.

I'm running FreeBSD 7.X and FreeBSD 8.0-CUR boxes and tried to find
something about AutoFS, but I'm still stuck with the 'well known AMD or
Berkeley AutoMounterDaemon.
What happened to AutoFS?

I'm stuck with amd (from FreeBSD's contrib) and I need to keep my maps
in OpenLDAP, but when searching for how to map amd.map-files into the
right shape of an OpenLDAP object (I borrowed the RedHat
automount.ldif-schema, OpenLDAP 2.4.11 seems to lack in an apropriate
schema), I only find Linux-Howtos reflecting AutoFS in Linux (and that
is different from amd).

Is help possible?

Thanks, in advance,
Oliver