Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 01:22:13 -0400
From:      Babumpabajard <babump@itw.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrading to stable

I recently CVsup'ed the sources for stable, and successfully did a make
world.  I then used the tutorial on upgrading from sources to re-do my /dev
dirctory, and did all the other things it notes, and restarted.  When it
restarted it came up with the inablity to find /dev/wd0s1f device.

I did not do a sh MAKEDEV wd0s1f.

This error is becuase I did not do a sh MAKEDEV wd0s1f, right?

Now, if I start in single user mode, I can read /dev, and there is no
wd0s1f, but I can't create it becuase it's mounting /dev as a read-only
file system.  Am I correct in assuming the read-only file system error is
becuase I didn't completely re-make my devices?

Can I turn off readonly mode?

How can I fix this?  Can I?

Thanks for all the help I've already received, and thanks for reading this :>

Michael