Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 20:47:19 -0400
From:      "Dr Nancy's Sweetie" <kilroy@copland.rowan.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ncurses-5.2

I'm working with FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE; I'd upgrade to 4.3, but the usual
sites are still just selling "CD preorders", not actualy disks, and I can't
install from a preorder.

The directory /usr/ports/devel/ncurses/work/ncurses-5.2/Ada95 has a
"Makefile.in", but no Makefile was generated.  The top level Makefile,
/usr/ports/devel/ncurses/Makefile, has this line:

    CONFIGURE_ENV=  gnat_exists="no" ac_cv_path_LDCONFIG="${LDCONFIG} \
	-m ${PREFIX}/lib"

But gnat DOES exist on this machine; it's not clear why the Makefile
claims it doesn't.  I changed the line, but then make failed with this
error:

	:No such file or directory
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/ports/devel/ncurses/work/ncurses-5.2/Ada95/gen.

Hunting around, I found this file:

	/usr/ports/devel/ncurses/work/ncurses-5.2/Ada95/gen/Makefile

with this line:

	x      =

Further hunting turned up the same line (and the same error message)
in the `.../Ada95/samples' directory.

I can't tell anymore what hacks to make to get this to work.  Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Darren F Provine ! kilroy@copland.rowan.edu ! http://www.rowan.edu/~kilroy