Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 2016 07:33:18 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "timur@FreeBSD.org" <timur@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Samba43 install error

> On 28 Dec, 2016, at 6:32, Gerard Seibert <carmel_ny@outlook.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> FreeBSD 11.0
>=20
> I am unable to update samba43. The following error message is =
displayed:
>=20
> samba43-4.3.13 cannot install: SASL support requested and
> openldap-client-2.4.44  is installed.
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/net/samba43
>=20
> I am using the default port configuration as listed below:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for =
samba43-4.3.13:
>     ACL_SUPPORT=3Don: File system ACL support
>     ADS=3Don: Active Directory client support
>     AD_DC=3Don: Active Directory Domain Controller support
>     AIO_SUPPORT=3Don: Asyncronous IO support
>     CUPS=3Doff: CUPS printing system support
>     DEBUG=3Don: Build with debugging support
>     DEVELOPER=3Doff: With development support
>     DNSUPDATE=3Don: Dynamic DNS update (require ADS)
>     DOCS=3Don: Build and/or install documentation
>     EXP_MODULES=3Doff: Experimental modules
>     FAM=3Don: File Alteration Monitor support
>     LDAP=3Don: LDAP client support
>     MANPAGES=3Doff: Build manpages from DOCBOOK templates
>     PAM_SMBPASS=3Doff: PAM authentication via passdb backends
>     PTHREADPOOL=3Don: Pthread pool
>     QUOTAS=3Don: Disk quota support
>     SYSLOG=3Don: Syslog logging support
>     UTMP=3Don: UTMP accounting support
> =3D=3D=3D=3D> Options available for the radio DNS: you can only select =
none or one of them
>     NSUPDATE=3Doff: Use samba NSUPDATE utility for AD DC
>     BIND99=3Doff: Use bind99 as AD DC DNS server frontend
>     BIND910=3Doff: Use bind910 as AD DC DNS server frontend
> =3D=3D=3D=3D> Options available for the radio ZEROCONF: you can only =
select none or one of them
>     AVAHI=3Doff: Zeroconf support via Avahi
>     MDNSRESPONDER=3Doff: Zeroconf support via mDNSResponder
>=20
> I turned of LDAP in the config file; however, the problem still =
exists.
>=20
> I do not understand why this is happening. Does anyone have a =
work-around for this or should I file a PR?

OpenLDAP support is an absolute mess and is not handled well here. samba =
asks for a SASL-enabled OpenLDAP, but the mandatory ldb dependency =
brings in non-SASL OpenLDAP. The ADS knob also brings in OpenLDAP but =
never tells you about it.

Until this is properly fixed, you'll need to disable both the LDAP and =
ADS options.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger