Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:59:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      Alex Hayward <xelah-freebsd@xelah.com>
To:        Tanya N kessler <audiocollage@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: Install JDK 1.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Tanya N kessler wrote:

> When I try to run the failed command by hand in
> /usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java I get
> this:

[snip compiler warnings]

That command completed - but with some warnings. You should be able to go
back to the port and run make again now. IIRC I got something similar when
I compiled the JDK, though I don't remember having to run a command by
hand in that particular directory.

Oh, and I had to turn SMP off to get it to compile. The Linux javac went
in to an infinite loop part way through otherwise. I had to reboot to do
it, too - doing it with the writable sysctl (rather than the tunable one -
I can't remember which is which now) caused the machine to crash a little
while later.