Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:44:32 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   staroffice install

Hi:

I downloaded staroffice51 from Sun to the proper directory and (as root) I
ran:

      make install clean

The port churned away, installing a couple of apps (like unzip) that it
needed, then gave me a message that said (as far as I can remember) that I
should exit X (I wasn't running X) and login as the user that I would
normally login as and run:

      make install-user

So I logged out of root and logged in using my user account and did the make
install-user (in the staroffice5 port directory) but I just get an error
message:

     $ make install-user
     /usr/local/Office51/bin/setup
     /usr/local/Office51/bin/setup:No such file or directory
     *** Error code 1

     Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5.

It seems that staroffice was installed under the ports directory in a
directory (with subdirectors) named "work".  Is this what it is supposed to
do?

I found "setup" and tried to run it (from the user account) but I get an
error message:

   $ /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5/work/so51inst/office51/setup

   /usr/tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries:
   libvos517li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
   directory

Have I done anything wrong?  How can I get setup to run?

Thanks in advance for any help.
John