Date:      20 Mar 2002 13:07:32 -0700
From:      Alex Rodioukov <simuran@shaw.ca>
To:        "Riley J. McIntire" <rileyjmc@pacbell.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling 3rd party apache module

"Riley J. McIntire" <rileyjmc@pacbell.net> writes:

> Greetings:
>
> I'm trying to get coldfusion 5.0 for linux running on freebsd 4.5 with
> redhat 7.1 emulation.  The cf binary runs ok but the apache module
> doesn't--using the supplied mod_coldfusion_EAPI.so didn't work.  apache
> complained about various linux libraries--when they were supplied it still
> failed.  Don't recall the messages or SOs offhand from last week.  But it
> seemed to me that the module expected the Red Hat apache, not the 1.3.23
> with mod_ssl built on fbsd.
[...]

Are you using native FreeBSD Apache binaries (compiled from ports)? If
so, there is no way you can make Apache use CF's .so, since FreeBSD
and Linux binaries/libraries does not mix. What you probably can do is
to install Apache linux binaries (from RPMs or something like that)
under Linux emulation and try to run CF with that.

> Riley

Regards,
  Alex.