Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:36:34 -0700
From:      garys@opusnet.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        zlatozar <zlatozar@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Deleted /var/db directory

zlatozar <zlatozar@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to recover my db of all installed ports? How I can
> reinstall all my ports? Will reinstall helps?

I think your ports (eg, /usr/ports/*/*) are still installed and most
of your package files (eg, /usr/local/bin/portinstall) are too, but
your package db is gone and that is only going to be fixed by
re-installing packages again from ports or packages.

I'd probably just pretend nothing happened and do "portinstall" as
needed occasionally, otherwise I'd use my /usr/ports/distfiles/ to
help me guess what I had previously installed.