Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:08:19 -0700
From:      Hasan Diwan <hdiwan@ssd.loral.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FreeBSD 4.1-RC #0: Sat Jul 22 10:26:20 PDT 2000] problems

Two problems with sources from above date/time:
1) pcm will proclaim 'play timeout, channel dead' after playing one mp3
(This is confirmed with 7 or 8 different files). After this, /dev/dsp is
mysteriously locked. lsof doesn't list what's got it, and revoke(2)
can't unlock it.
2) with the 3c509TPO ethernet card with the ep0 driver, the card is
identified, but not configured properly. The MAC address of the card is
revealed as 00:00:00:00:00:00. The card works under 4.0-CURRENT as of
20000307 (which is the installation CD I used). However, my laptop 3c589
PCMCIA card works perfectly with either set of sources. Both cards are
identified as ep0.