Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:20:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on the web pages

In message <19990901202500.B61356@mithrandr.moria.org> Neil Blakey-Milner writes:
: If the granularity isn't quite what you're looking for, then some
: form of CGI script is probably in order.

It would be nice if we could push things out faster than once a day,
but once a day likely is fast enough.

Is Wosch's web page still accurate as to what I need?

What I'd like to accomplish is a way to publish a security "alert"
that would be less than a complete advisory, but would say things like
"wuftpd has a hold in it, upgrade to the port after 19990831" or
something like that.  I'm not yet sure of the machanics of this yet,
nor how to link patches from these updates.  So I'm mulling right now
the best way to improve this.

Also, if there was a tech writer that wanted to help on security
issues and who would be willing to write the advisories that could
do so confidentially, I would love to have that help.  I need fast
turnaround a few times a year...

Warner