Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 12:41:39 +0800
From:      Fook Sheng Chan <fook_sheng@capgemini.com.sg>
To:        "'djv@bedford.net'" <djv@bedford.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: How to see what ports and pakages is installed for my FreeBSD

Hi

I run /stand/sysinstall and go to "Configure", "XFree86", and I try to
configure it using "XF86Setup" and "xf86config" and this message
"XFree86 does not appear to be installed! Please install The XFree86
distribution before attempting to configure it". I remember selecting
the "All" option during installation (from FTP). The installation went
fine, and I still have disk space left when I run df now.

I chose to install X distribution again using the custom method, but it
stopped when I boot up another BSD having the same ip, but my question
is why it install the bin again when I chose to install the X-user
distribution, it will cost me a lot of time.

Anyway I didn't see XFree86 when I run pkg_info -a -a |more, I can't
understand why it isn't there when I have chosen All option during
installation.

My monitor is HP (Super vga), and 72Hz in vga mode(I get this from bios
setup),  don't know what vga card, it's in built in the mother board, my
pc is a HP Vectra VE 5/75, mouse is ps/2.

Best Regards,

Fook Sheng