Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:54:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alexander Thorp <atecsc@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq with no keyboard - how to boot?

Not unique to FreeBSD, I realise, but:

I've got a Compaq PC (D5133) which I want to use as a
server, without monitor or keyboard, but I can't get
it to boot without a keyboard plugged in. I can't find
anything in the diagnostics partition set-up menu to
change this behaviour.

Does anybody know a way to make it boot without a
keyboard attached, e.g. secret set-up command or
motherboard jumper setting?

Alex Thorp