Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:10:03 GMT
From:      Tarick <tungan@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/140979: [acpi] [panic] Kernel panic (fatal trap 12: page fault when in kernel mode) on FreeBSD 8.0 with ACPI because of "ec" sub-device

The following reply was made to PR kern/140979; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tarick <tungan@ukr.net>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/140979: [acpi] [panic] Kernel panic (fatal trap 12: page
 fault when in kernel mode) on FreeBSD 8.0 with ACPI because of "ec"
 sub-device
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 21:39:09 +0200

 Sure, as I understand this means booting with debug.acpi.disabled="ec"
 line in /boot/loader.conf. I use this setting constantly right now.
 But I recompiled kernel recently, and the instruction pointer address
 changed to 0xffffffff801bfe20. Here is result with this address, I hope
 this will help:
 ~# kgdb /boot/kernel/kernel /dev/mem
 GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
 are
 conditions.
 details.
 This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...
 Reading symbols from /boot/kernel/sem.ko...Reading symbols
 from /boot/kernel/sem.ko.symbols...done.
 done.
 Loaded symbols for /boot/kernel/sem.ko
 Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/oss/modules/osscore.ko...done.
 Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/oss/modules/osscore.ko
 Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/oss/modules/oss_hdaudio.ko...done.
 Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/oss/modules/oss_hdaudio.ko
 Reading symbols from /usr/local/modules/rtc.ko...done.
 Loaded symbols for /usr/local/modules/rtc.ko
 Reading symbols from /boot/kernel/ng_pppoe.ko...Reading symbols
 from /boot/kernel/ng_pppoe.ko.symbols...done.
 done.
 Loaded symbols for /boot/kernel/ng_pppoe.ko
 #0  sched_switch (td=0xffffffff80962140, newtd=Variable "newtd" is not
 available.
 ) at /usr/src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c:1864
 1864			cpuid = PCPU_GET(cpuid);

 (kgdb) info line *0xffffffff801bfe20
 Line 538 of "/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica/executer/exmutex.c"
    starts at address 0xffffffff801bfe20 <AcpiExReleaseMutex+544> and
 ends at 0xffffffff801bfe25 <AcpiExReleaseMutex+549>.
 (kgdb)