Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 15:13:52 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xntpd - VERY old folks, how about updating? :-)

According to Karl Denninger:
> This is not a port, its part of the RELEASE!

Part of 3.4-R yes. I removed xntpd (3.4e) from current a month ago and put
ntpd (4.0.98f, soon to be 4.1.0) in its place.

> What does (someone) need to do to get this changed out/updated?  I can't
> send it in as a port, since its part of the base package (setting
> it up as a port would be pretty trivial from what I can see)

As it is a feature change, it was decided not to put it into STABLE. ntpd will
compile and run w/o any problem on STABLE though.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #77: Thu Dec 30 12:49:51 CET 1999