Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:40:32 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Giulio Ferro <auryn@zirakzigil.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lost routes

--9AazSAFPVKSPmRXK

Giulio, good day.

Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:00:50AM +0200, Giulio Ferro wrote:
> Every now and again static routes are lost by freebsd.
> In my fw/router/vpn box (average traffic about 10Mb/s) with a lot
> of interfaces, physical, vlan and virtual, once every x weeks (x very
> variable) one of the routes get lost.
>=20
> Just yesterday night I updated the system with the last 7 stable
>  (amd64). This morning one of the route has disappeared.
>=20
> Since I believe I'm not the only one to experience this, can the
> network developers report on the status of this bug?

Was the problem described in some PR?

Can it be so that the interface goes down and then it is resurrected by
the sequence that is more-or-less identical to /etc/rc.d/netif restart?
This can lead to the route loss.  Do you have some kernel messages that
are related to the interface on which routes are lost?
--=20
Eygene
 \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`   #  Remember that it is hard
 /  ' `         ,       __.--'      #  to read the on-line manual  =20
 )/' _/     \   `-_,   /            #  while single-stepping the kernel.
     _.-'_./   {_.'   ; /           #    -- FreeBSD Developers handbook=20

--9AazSAFPVKSPmRXK

--9AazSAFPVKSPmRXK--