Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:43:34 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merging win95 and nt filesystem changes into msdosfs

On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 03:04:10AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Well, I think Poul has honestly done a lot of work in this area, and
> > I've done most of the rest of the work, if only people would take the
> > code without insisting on understanding how it works, so long as it
>
> It's not "people" who need to take this code, however.  What's needed
> is "a person" (possibly more than one, but that's neither here nor
> there) who's also wearing a committer hat and is willing to front this
> for you in -current.  Find yourself that person to stand behind and
> understand that no matter what you might personally be willing to
> promise, it's still HE who's going to be held most principally
> responsible for it since his fingerprints will be the ones directly on
> the repository and so should thus have at least some *hope* of
> understanding your code, at least.

I'm willing to try.  I've been toying with just running some of Terrys
patches here and see if they're stable, attempting to test the areas they
touch, and then just commit them and take the blame (if any).  I'm just not
quite certain how hard that blame is going to be, and I would dislike
loosing my commit privileges :-(

I don't think I have time to really understand all of the issues with all of
the changes; the best I'd be able to do is understand the overall goals, and
see 'this looks good', and test that it works.

Eivind.